Hopefully you will know some or all of the volunteers who form the committee but, to introduce ourselves we are as follows:-
- Chair – Rachel Passey
- Treasurer – Jane Golbey
- Secretary – Kate Wheeler
- General Committee Members – Angela Barker, Tish Lea, Kerrie Rowson, Claire McLoughlin, Marie Bailey, Katy Allen, Mandy Barlow, Anna Pitt
We are very lucky to have many parents and carers that contribute and help in other ways, especially at events which benefit all the children. We are delighted to have the support of Mrs O’Toole and her team and we work closely with our designated school liaison, Mrs Kelly.
- A school stage for use in all school productions and it was designed so that it can be stored easily and assembled to the flexibility of whatever specification is required
- Contributed £20,000 of raised funds towards the new Jungle Gym and playground equipment with additional funding from school and Sutton Coldfield charities commission. This was a huge project but the benefits have been endless, enhancing the overall facilities of the school for children, staff and visitors
- We have given over £4600 to support the Music project specifically for Junior children. Every child in Year 4 has been able to experience a new musical instrument with support from trained professional music teachers and had the potential to continue in Years 5 & 6.
- Raising funds to help Key Stage 1 with purchasing a new reading scheme at a cost of £3000 and purchase of mini I-Pads for the IT Suite which will benefit everyone across the school.
- Contributing towards the purchase of smart white boards ‘clever touch’ for classrooms throughout the school
We try and do a number of events that has a broad appeal to everyone’s taste and pocket. Therefore we try and run two Infant Events (Disco & Magic Night or similar), two Junior Events (Disco & Film Night), a family event (Bingo), an Adult event (Quiz) and a Christmas and Summer Fayres. We also have our annual Penny Drive in May where each of the classes become competitive to try and raise the most money from donations of 1p, 2p and 5p coins winning weekly prizes and then an overall prize and cup.
We hope that you will be able to join us at one of our events during 2017/18:
|Thursday 12th October 2017||6:15 – 7:45||Infant Disco|
|Thursday 16th November 2017||6:15 – 8:15||Junior Event – Film Night|
|Saturday 9th December 2017||11:00 – 14:00||Christmas Fayre|
|Thursday 15th February 2018||6:15 – 7:45||Infant Event|
|Spring Term||evening||Parent’s Quiz Night|
|Thursday 22nd March 2018||6:15 – 8:00||Junior Disco|
|Thursday 19th April 2018||6:30 – 8:00||Family Bingo Night|
|Month of May||Penny Drive|
|Saturday 23rd June 2018||12:00 – 15:00||Summer Fayre|
|Saturday 14th July 2018||evening||Summer Ball|
Additional revenue has come from selling of donated pre-owned uniform, which benefit both children and parents and also through our environmental recycling by textile collections – so please continue to support us as you have been.
We are delighted with and thank you for all your support over the years to help raise the funds that benefit all the children whilst at Wylde Green.
If you want to find out more or get involved or join us on the committee, please chat to one of the committee or leave a note with your contact details in our post box by the school office.